The Miracle of Your Mind by Earl Nightingale
The human mind is what separates us from other creatures. Every new idea compounds other new ideas. This has been proven by simply looking at the advanced world we live in, imagine the future. Generally, we have a lot of free time, imagine using an hour a day to the development of your mind. That can include scheduling time to practice your craft, learning materials to become an expert in your field, focusing on your goal, or spending time writing ideas on how to improve on that what it is you want to do. Earl Nightingale recommends to spend one hour a day, five days a week on your goal you have and brainstorm ideas on how to improve yourself to get there. Basically, ask yourself, “What can I do differently to get closer to my goal? Then, think of 20 possible ways. He advises two things to be aware of and that is, 1.) this isn’t particular easy and 2.) some of your ideas won’t be good. It’s not easy because starting a new habit is never easy. Don’t limit yourself because an idea that may sound out of your range, may end up being one of your best ideas. Extra hours of brainstorming deeply embeds in your subconscious mind. Think about it like this: 20 ideas a day can total 100 ideas a week – if you take weekends off – that adds up to 260 hours a year and makes a total of 3,740 hours of leisure time. A significant amount of time would be spent, thinking about your goal and ways of improving by six and a half full working weeks a year. Six and a half of 40 hour working weeks of devoting to your goal. With that simple tactic, it can help to rise up to the competition. Everyday you are beginning to be thinking more and more this is an exercise for your mind. When you write down your goal, do not worry too much about the how. Think of it as a problem only waiting to be solved. One idea is all it takes to revolutionize your life. This doesn’t cost money, it’s your time for your own benefit and the greater good for others too.
In a Nut Shell, Earl Nightingale Teaches Us The Following:
- Spend an hour a day brainstorming about your goal. It can about how to get closer to reach your goal, how to improve your craft, or ideas on what is that you want to create. Think of as many ideas to improve. What is that you are already doing?
- If everything you currently have has been by using only 5% of your mental abilities, then imagine increasing it by 20% or more.
- Successful are not people without problems, they are people who have learned how to deal with problems.
- Don’t spend time on needless worrying. 40% will never happen, 30% have already happened, 12% are needless worries about our health, 10% are petty, miscellaneous worries and 8% are the real, legitimate worries.
- The only thing that can take you far in your goals is your mind. You can tend to underestimate your ability but learn that you are capable of many accomplishments.
We all have great ideas within us. You have greatness within and are enough. You just have to dig deep enough. If you have any favorite Earl Nightingale quotes, please share below in the comment section. Follow me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/alejandra.salgado.rtv